Proof Read My Essay?

:: General :: General

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proof Read My Essay?

Post  Rplix on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Yo guys, I have a Crucible essay due next week and I want YOU to find any grammar mistakes YOU see! Yeah I know like 2/3 of this clan is like 10 so this may not be a good idea. Well, look at it anyways and maybe you can look at a good essay for when you have to do one every month in high school!!! PS: The essay is about why John Proctor is viewed as a dramatic character and how he changes during the play. Have fun!

In the Crucible, John Proctor plays a dynamic role. Proctor is a good man, he is honest, and he always goes right to the point. As the play progresses, Proctor’s personality begins to change as Abigail returns to his life once again bringing trouble, and will make Proctor tell the truth about the things that he wanted kept private to keep his respected reputation within the town. The changes Proctor goes through will turn him from the uncertain, troubled, and guilt struck man to a serene, moral, and spiritual person.

Throughout the play, Proctor is illustrated as the dynamic character since he changes from a guilt struck man to a spiritual man of society. After Proctor’s affair with Abigail, the young house maid, he was a man struck with guilt and would not tell his wife, Elizabeth, of what he had done. That was just one of the secrets that Proctor kept in his back pocket until later into the play. The other secret that he has is that he is deeply in love with Abigail, but will not tell anyone because he will lose his respected reputation in the community. When Proctor and Abigail encounter each other in the town, Proctor instructs her that she should “put it out of mind” (22). Proctor is conveying that Abigail should forget about Proctor because he is trying to tell her that time of his life is over. That is actually a lie, because Proctor later says that he does “think of [her] softly from time to time” (23). Proctor changes from this encounter because he partially confesses to still being in love with her, but still doesn’t want to express everything that he wants to say.

Further into the play, Proctor faces another change to his personally. When Hale comes to visit the Proctor’s home because Elizabeth had been mentioned in court, Hale points out that Proctor had not been to church regularly. That is another secret that Proctor holds inside of him, the fact that he doesn’t visit church often or even at all. Proctor then confesses that he does not go to church often because of how Parris had been “[preaching] nothin’ but golden candlesticks until he had them” and that hurt Proctor’s prayer, so he didn’t go (65). That is another example of how guilt of Proctor’s is just covered up by a lie to protect him from the truth. Once Elizabeth is taken away to jail and Proctor arrives at the court to testify that Elizabeth is innocent, Proctor is pressured to tell the truth that he had an affair with Abigail and she just wants Elizabeth killed so she can have Proctor for herself. He finally tells the truth to the court and that was the first time he confessed to his guilt which makes him a changed man inside with one less fear to deal with. Sadly, his plan to overthrow the court doesn’t work and he is put in jail for lying to the court.

After months of jail time, Proctor is released to talk with Elizabeth about his choice to either confess to witchcraft or to deny it and be hanged. In past situations, Proctor did not go by the ways of a good Christian by lying to concepts that of which were true. He finally says that he will confess to witchcraft and is sure that he will have his wife and his normal life back. Once Proctor is confronted with a paper that he must sign, he hesitates because the paper would be nailed on the church door for everyone in the town to see. Ever since the beginning of the play, Proctor had wanted to keep his respected reputation within the town; now that the paper would show everyone that Proctor did the deeds of the devil, his name would be disrespected and he would not be a good Christian. Proctor signs his name then exclaims that everyone “had all witnessed it” in the room and no more is needed for his confession (142). He is only doing that to save his name from being disrespected forever. Proctor then makes a connection with God, that God sees that his name had been written down that he knows “how black [his] sins are” (142). Since Proctor doesn’t go to church often, he was never seen to have a connection to God. This is a big change in Proctor’s personality because he now thinks of himself as a bad Christian, so he rips up the paper that had his name signed on it to make himself a good and serene Christian that he was once again. To save himself and his family from being bad Christians and disrespected from the community, Proctor submits to the judges and gets hanged. Proctor died as a good Christian and guilt-free, which was his wish for a long time.

Proctor was the dynamic character that changed the most during the play. The switch from his guilt of the affair with Abigail and his other troubles to being a good Christian and guilt-free was only possible when he started facing his fears and confessing to his bad deeds. During the play, Proctor’s confessing made him a stronger and less feared person inside. In the last moments of the play, Proctor was finally accepted by God and was a good person as a whole. That was only possible by facing his fears and accepting the truth.
Rplix

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/wowfanatic100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Re: Proof Read My Essay?

Post  Somebody on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:00 am

I haven't found any mistakes in the essay; it's very well written in my opinion. Just one question though, what are the numbers for?
Somebody

Location : Lakewood, California, United States, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 am

The numbers are the page numbers that the quotes are from. Quotes in an essay is like an instant A+
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:12 pm

Ah, thought so lol. Good job.
Somebody

Location : Lakewood, California, United States, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Douglas on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:10 am

Read it in high school. Good essay though, its good to see that some people have a grasp on grammar these days.
Douglas
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://rebelnet.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks doug!
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Hmm, I could have done better if I tried. Well done! How long did it take you?
Patriot
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm

I cant really remember, but I think maybe around 2 hours. I write essays fast. Btw, got a 98% on this.
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm

98? I wrote a freakin' summery of the Bible and got a 100%. jk, but your English teacher sure is a bitch.
Patriot
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:03 am

Im good with a 98. Better than anything less than 98 Very Happy
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:01 am

Go for a perfect 100.
Patriot
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm

is that possible in high school? Not mine I guess
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Bargain with your teachers, tell them something about your life. Like me: "So, basically I made a logo for 100 websites and I got $1600!"
Teacher: "Wow! Really?"
Keep them entertained, sometimes I go after the bell rings.
Patriot
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:27 pm

You seriously say that? My teachers are tired and hate my classes. They just want to go home and cry themselves to sleep thinking about how crappy their job and salary is.
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 am

I know right? Teachers are bullshit. But just imagine sergeants... Anyway, I just deal with it. It's life. If you actually listen to your teacher and stop texting under your desk you could probably get a 100.
Patriot
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrRobotnik on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:26 pm

too long didnt read *trollface*
DrRobotnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down